If you’re going to the AJC Decatur Book Festival (and you should go, really), stop by the Deeds Publishing Booth (Booth #101 – looks like it’s on the lawn in front of the courthouse – Click here for the festival map.)
I’ll be there 3:00 – 4:00 on Saturday 8/30/14 with handmade Millennium Falcon soaps (free with purchase of my book.)
Even if you can’t stop by to see me, they are going to be selling all of their books at a reduced price.
According to the festival website, “The festival will feature lectures and signings from more than 600 authors, including award-winners, best-sellers and some just getting started.” Woo hoo! Another article states that festival organizers are expecting 90,000 visitors during the festival…Oh my! Consider riding the MARTA. The Decatur stop is right under the festival.
A few of my personal highlights from the 2014 schedule:
- The fabulous Tom Angleberger of Origami Yoda fame (and a personal hero of mine) will be there. Unfortunately, I don’t think I’ll get there early enough to catch the The Jedi Council discussion (10 am, really?) but I will almost certainly be in attendance for A Farewell to Origami Yoda.
- Pat Conroy!
- SCBWI Crystal Kite award winner Vicky Alvear Schecter – if you have not read Cleopatra’s Moon, well you should fix that.
- Cassandra King – Love her novel Moonrise
- NYT best-selling Joshilyn Jackson (anyone who reads this blog knows I’m a HUGE fan of JJ)
- There’s going to be a Cooking Stage for the first time this year, not to mention 17 cookbook authors
- And much, much more!